Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Riding the bus and carpooling to Oak Ridge

I've been riding KAT and carpooling from the Old City to Oak Ridge for about a year now and it's been great! I fill up my tank every other week instead of once a week and I only have to deal with traffic about once a week during my commute! The rest of the time someone else has the pleasure of navigating through the wonderful traffic snarls that can plague the lanes of I-40 on a frequent basis. It only takes a week or two to adjust to the new methods of commuting and with the Emergency Ride Home program, you're never stuck without a way home. It's great to be able to catch a nap or do a little reading during my commute and I don't get stressed out by driving anymore! I highly recommend that everyone at least try some form of alternative transportation and become better informed on what's the best way for you to reduce the stress and costs of your daily commute.

No comments: